Environmental Project Manager
|Dublin / Hybrid
Inis Offshore Wind is seeking to recruit a Planning & Environmental Coordinator to join the team. Reporting to the Senior Offshore Project Manager, the successful candidate will support the Inis team through all environmental and consenting activities of the offshore project portfolio development.
Working on Inis Offshore Wind’s portfolio of projects, the successful candidate will above all be personable, trustworthy, adaptable, and flexible to the requirements of the role. They will also be highly motivated, organised, and able to prioritise and manage the various demands on their time. The applicant will be able to demonstrate significant experience of successfully delivering consents via the statutory authorities in Ireland.
The role is based in Dublin and will involve travel and work nationwide.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will be:
- Support the senior project manager in all environmental and consenting workstreams for each project;
- Preparation and coordination of Maritime Area Consent applications for Inis Offshore Wind’s projects in compliance with the legislative requirements set out by the Maritime Area Regulatory Authority;
- Understand the Maritime Area Planning Act in detail and other relevant offshore legislation and translate these requirements for the project teams to implement through the project development;
- Assist the Senior Project Manager and Stakeholder Manager in all engagements with statutory consultees and public consultation events;
- Review environmental reports prepared by external consultants for MAP applications, scoping and EIA;
- Work with Senior Project Manager to find solutions to project consenting and environmental issues;
- Collaborate and coordinate with wider Inis team to successfully deliver projects in a timely manner within budget;
- Keep up to date with all environmental standards, legislation and initiatives relevant to offshore wind and Inis’s objectives;
- Work with senior project manager to procure consultancy services for upcoming environmental assessments in early 2023 and beyond;
- Support Senior Project Manager in identifying and implementing initiatives to deliver an offshore wind farm with a net positive impact on biodiversity.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Third level Degree or Post-Graduate Qualification (e.g. Geography, Planning, Environmental Science or related/relevant discipline)
- 3+ years’ experience in renewable energy consenting
- Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in EIAR and planning best practice for quality control/checking
- Familiar with Irish Offshore Legislation
- A problem solver with qualification in a relevant discipline
- Exemplary focus, ambition and attention to detail
- Ability and flexibility to function as part of multi-disciplinary teams located across a number of offices is essential
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to apply knowledge into practical schemes
- A focus on results and project delivery
- Proven experience in offshore wind consenting processes
- Experience in both onshore and offshore consenting
- Masters Qualification in marine ecology or similar
An attractive salary will be offered to the successful candidate depending on experience and ability to fulfil the responsibilities associated with the role.
Inis Offshore Wind is an Irish renewable energy firm working to enable a sustainable energy future for the people of Ireland. Backed by the Temporis Aurora Fund, whose investors include the Ireland Strategic Investment Fund (ISIF), our purpose is to harness Ireland’s vast offshore wind energy potential to accelerate and deliver Ireland’s transition to a clean, sustainable, low-carbon energy system.
Join us to help us achieve our vision, where we care about both your professional and personal development to enable you to unleash your full potential.