Inis Offshore Wind is seeking to recruit a GIS Analyst to join the team. Reporting to the Head of Inis Offshore Wind, the successful candidate will support the Inis team through all GIS elements of the project portfolio development.
Working on Inis Offshore Wind’s portfolio of projects, the successful candidate will above all be personable, trustworthy, adaptable, and flexible to the requirements of the role. They will also be highly motivated, organised, and able to prioritise and manage the various demands on their time.
The role is based in Dublin and will involve travel and work nationwide.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will be:
- Work as part of and support cross disciplinary teams working in the preliminary design, statutory consent, and development of Inis’s offshore wind projects
- Support the process of preparing constraints studies, option assessments, public information documents and statutory applications for public and private infrastructure projects • Prepare high quality mapping and analytical assessments to inform project development • Assist project managers and engineers in collating, analysing and presenting various datasets • Implement resilient data management processes.
- Develop and maintain ESRI GIS Enterprise solution (including users, mobile application, maps, dashboards)
- Management of GIS online portal and provide training to team on use of GIS online • Management and forecasting of GIS budget including datasets and relevant licences • Provide GIS support to land management team
- Prepare land registry compliant maps to accompany commercial agreements with landowners for proposed onshore infrastructure.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Relevant Degree or Post-Graduate Qualification (e.g. GIS, Data Analytics, Remote Sensing or related/relevant discipline)
- Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in GIS best practice for quality control/checking
- Familiar with Irish land registry mapping
- Experience delivering GIS projects
- Expert user of ArcGIS desktop software and extensions
- Data management skills to facilitate Spatial Data Infrastructures for complex projects and multi-platform delivery
- Exposure to web GIS and/or enterprise GIS technologies
- A problem solver with qualification in a relevant discipline
- Exemplary focus, ambition and attention to detail
- Advanced numeracy, analytical and computer skills for data manipulation and management (MS Excel and Access)
- Ability and flexibility to function as part of multi-disciplinary teams located across a number of offices is essential
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to apply knowledge into practical schemes
- A focus on results and project delivery
- Exposure to other desktop GIS/CAD software (e.g. MapInfo, QGIS, AutoCAD) • Exposure to Web-based GIS technologies
An attractive salary will be offered to the successful candidate depending on experience and ability to fulfil the responsibilities associated with the role.
Inis Offshore Wind is an Irish renewable energy firm working to enable a sustainable energy future for the people of Ireland. Backed by the Temporis Aurora Fund, whose investors include the Ireland Strategic Investment Fund (ISIF), our purpose is to harness Ireland’s vast offshore wind energy potential to accelerate and deliver Ireland’s transition to a clean, sustainable, low-carbon energy system.
Join us to help us achieve our vision where we care about both your professional and personal development to enable you to unleash your full potential.