|Cork / Hybrid
Inis Offshore Wind is seeking to recruit a Project Engineer to join the team. Reporting to the Senior Technical Project Manager, the successful candidate will be a key member of our offshore wind team. They will support the offshore technical and engineering development on the offshore projects from early concept through to project consent.
The successful candidate will have a results orientated approach to their work and show initiative and drive to ensure that tasks are progressing efficiently. They will also be highly organised, and able to prioritise and manage the various demands on their time.
The role is based in either Dublin or Cork but will involve travel and work nationwide.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will be:
- Take ownership of the delivery of tasks within the engineering function as guided by the Senior Technical Project Manager;
- Support the engineering programme of works delivery by the appointed Owner’s Engineer;
- Input into technical elements of IOW’s requirements for EPC and Consultant contracts;
- Procurement, and review, of front-end engineering reports, drawings and investigations (e.g. technical feasibility studies, geotechnical/geophysical studies and ground models, offshore wind technology sub-systems designs, metocean and energy yield analysis, array layouts etc.);
- Support the commercial function in the development of Levelised Cost of Energy (LCOE) models for the projects;
- Participate in design reviews, risk assessment, lessons learnt and resolution workshops, with subsequent implementation and reporting;
- Interact with the cross-functional design team, in the design of offshore systems;
- Provide technical input into health and safety procedures;
- Ensure engineering activities are carried out to the highest quality standards, and in accordance with the relevant health and safety regulations;
- Preparation and presentation of project literature, reports, presentations and briefing notes including the competent use of all relevant software required to professionally convey project information.
Knowledge and Experience:
- A Third level civil engineering degree qualification or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience working in renewable energy project development.
- Have a good analytical understanding of the cross-disciplinary effects between the technical solutions and the business cases.
- Can easily work with many stakeholders/tasks and have strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience in early-stage offshore wind projects.
- Masters qualification in Civil/Mechanical/Electrical/Geotechnical/Marine engineering or equivalent.
- Project management experience.
- Demonstrable track record of involvement in successful offshore wind projects.
- Experience of the Offshore Wind industry in Ireland.
An attractive salary will be offered to the successful candidate depending on experience and ability to fulfil the responsibilities associated with the role.
Inis Offshore Wind is an Irish renewable energy firm working to enable a sustainable energy future for the people of Ireland. Backed by the Temporis Aurora Fund, whose investors include the Ireland Strategic Investment Fund (ISIF), our purpose is to harness Ireland’s vast offshore wind energy potential to accelerate and deliver Ireland’s transition to a clean, sustainable, low-carbon energy system.
Join us to help us achieve our vision, where we care about both your professional and personal development to enable you to unleash your full potential.