Technical Project Manager/Engineer
Inis Offshore Wind is seeking to recruit a Technical Project Manager/Engineer to join the team. Reporting to the Head of Inis Offshore, the successful candidate will be a key member of our offshore wind team. They will be the offshore technical and engineering lead on the offshore projects from early concept through to project consent.
The successful candidate will have a results orientated approach to their work and show initiative and drive to ensure that tasks are progressing efficiently. They will also be highly organised, and able to prioritise and manage the various demands on their time.
The role is based in either Dublin or Cork but will involve travel and work nationwide.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will be:
- Engineering lead on the offshore wind farm projects through the development phase of the project
- Technical management of the planning, scoping, and executing of phased offshore site investigation campaigns
- Optimising wind farm layouts, conceptual technical designs, and installation set-ups to improve the technical solution and business case
- Coordinating multi-disciplinary input from technical specialists in relation to the technical design envelope, consent and grid
- Analysing wind farm scenarios by combining WTGs, foundation concepts, positioning of substations, turbines, and cables in cooperation with managers for each technical area
Engaging in close collaboration with the local Irish supply chain and site investigation consultants to ensure fit-for-purpose testing techniques and local content developments for the projects
- Technical due diligence on project acquisitions
- Development and management of projects programme/schedule
- Participation in meetings with statutory stakeholders re technical elements of project
Knowledge and Experience:
- A Third level civil engineering degree qualification or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience working in renewable energy project development
- 2+ years of experience in site characterisation and analysis of technical elements of offshore wind sites
- Have experience with offshore wind farms or offshore work within the field of wind turbine foundations, turbines, and electrical systems
- Have a good analytical understanding of the cross-disciplinary effects between the technical solutions and the business cases
- Can easily work with many stakeholders/tasks and have strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Proven experience in early-stage offshore wind projects
- Masters qualification in Civil/Mechanical/Electrical/Geotechnical/Marine engineering or equivalent
- Project management experience
- Demonstrable track record of involvement in successful offshore wind projects
- Experience of the Offshore Wind industry in Ireland
An attractive salary will be offered to the successful candidate depending on experience and ability to fulfil the responsibilities associated with the role.
Inis Offshore Wind is an Irish renewable energy firm working to enable a sustainable energy future for the people of Ireland. Backed by the Temporis Aurora Fund, whose investors include the Ireland Strategic Investment Fund (ISIF), our purpose is to harness Ireland’s vast offshore wind energy potential to accelerate and deliver Ireland’s transition to a clean, sustainable, low-carbon energy system.
Join us to help us achieve our vision, where we care about both your professional and personal development to enable you to unleash your full potential.