Community Liaison Officer
Inis Offshore Wind is seeking to recruit a Community Liaison Officer to join the team. Reporting to the Head of Inis Offshore, the successful candidate will be a key member of our offshore wind team. They will be responsible for liaising with local communities, landowners and stakeholders based in the region of our offshore projects. The successful candidate will be proactive in their communications with these parties and will engage fully with them as required.
Working on Inis Offshore Wind’s portfolio of projects, the successful candidate will above all be personable, trustworthy, adaptable and flexible to the requirements of the role. They will also be highly organised, and able to prioritise and manage the various demands on their time.
The role is based in either Dublin or Cork but will involve travel and work nationwide.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will be:
- Act as a champion for Inis Offshore Wind’s in the community
- Be the first point of contact for local communities based in the areas close to our offshore projects through the initiation and development phase
- Facilitate Inis Offshore Wind compliance with the best practice Community Engagement guidelines, including setting up and maintaining project websites, making CLO contact details available, responding to queries promptly and reporting as appropriate
- Build a solid understanding of our offshore portfolio to allow you to provide information to local communities as appropriate
- Setup and maintain regular meetings with local stakeholders where our projects are based or being developed
- Build relationships with groups and networks in the communities where our projects are based
- Work with wider team to develop local supply chain strategy to support development and implementation of packages for local economic benefits with qualified regional supply chain companies
- Liaise with all parties in relation to feedback, issues or concerns through a structured communication mechanism
- Resolve complaints in an efficient, effective, and professional manner
- Identify local community groups and agencies which could complement our values
- Arrange and attend community open days, chamber of commerce events and other community gatherings as required
- Create community newsletters and distribute through the appropriate channels to enhance Inis Offshore Wind’s public image
- Arrange and attend PR events as required
- Document personal interactions in the stakeholder engagement management system, and support documentation of other team member interactions.
- Collect, analyse, and use data and feedback to identify opportunities to improve the relationship between the business and stakeholders.
- Track local news coverage
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in a community focused role
- Solid experience in stakeholder management and resolution of issues
- Previous experience of networking, public relations and public speaking
- Experience of working on multiple projects simultaneously
- A good listener
- Must have a full clean driving license
- Proven experience in the renewables industry
- Third level qualification in Business, Marketing, Public Relations or similar
- Demonstrable track record of successful local community level engagement and local networks
An attractive salary will be offered to the successful candidate depending on experience and ability to fulfil the responsibilities associated with the role.
Inis Offshore Wind is an Irish renewable energy firm working to enable a sustainable energy future for the people of Ireland. Backed by the Temporis Aurora Fund, whose investors include the Ireland Strategic Investment Fund (ISIF), our purpose is to harness Ireland’s vast offshore wind energy potential to accelerate and deliver Ireland’s transition to a clean, sustainable, low-carbon energy system.
Join us to help us achieve our vision, where we care about both your professional and personal development to enable you to unleash your full potential.