Inis Offshore Wind is seeking to recruit a Regulatory Analyst to join the team. Reporting to the Head of Inis Offshore, the successful candidate will be a key member of our offshore wind team, responsible for monitoring and assessing policy and regulatory developments having a strategic or a commercial impact on Inis Offshore Wind. You will also be determining essential policies and regulatory positions for offshore wind and will proactively develop actions to shape the policy and regulatory landscape
The successful candidate will have a commercial and analytical mindset and ideally will also have a passion for renewables and the transition to Net Zero.
The role is based in Dublin but will involve travel and work nationwide.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will be:
- Represent Inis Offshore Wind in relevant offshore wind specific trade associations and help shape industry positions to mature the Irish offshore wind market.
- In close collaboration with the Head of Inis Offshore and the wider team, determine and deliver effective advocacy plans in line with offshore wind business regulatory priorities.
- Function as the local, policy and regulatory knowledge point for offshore wind.
- Lead on drafting Inis Offshore Wind position papers and coordinate input into consultations for offshore wind related areas aligning views across Inis Offshore Wind.
- Engage with industry stakeholders on offshore wind regulatory policy issues and look for opportunities to create industry coalitions to enable the offshore wind industry to prosper in line with Inis Offshore Wind’s growth ambitions.
- Collect best practices from other markets (other technologies and offshore wind globally)
- Provide input into development activities to secure a Maritime Area Consent, routes to market, grid entry points and consents/licenses for offshore wind projects.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience working in renewable energy project development
- Sound knowledge of the energy and renewables market in Ireland and significant experience in the regulatory environment, preferably in offshore wind.
- Proven ability to establish strong relationships internally and externally and to collaborate within an integrated, multifunctional, commercially oriented team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to effectively represent Inis Offshore Wind towards senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to keep overview of full landscape of opportunities and regulatory developments and do deep dives into specific regulatory issues and prioritise.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty and maintains effectiveness while working in such environments.
- Proven experience in offshore wind projects
- A Degree and/or masters in one of the following disciplines: economics, engineering, political sciences
An attractive salary will be offered to the successful candidate depending on experience and ability to fulfil the responsibilities associated with the role.
Inis Offshore Wind is an Irish renewable energy firm working to enable a sustainable energy future for the people of Ireland. Backed by the Temporis Aurora Fund, whose investors include the Ireland Strategic Investment Fund (ISIF), our purpose is to harness Ireland’s vast offshore wind energy potential to accelerate and deliver Ireland’s transition to a clean, sustainable, low-carbon energy system.
Join us to help us achieve our vision, where we care about both your professional and personal development to enable you to unleash your full potential.